PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Production Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all Co-Pack Production Line Members. Your focus will be to provide training and feedback to line members while managing quality and safety expectations.
- Shift Start Up; Greet Associates, On-Board all new associates, Do a full walk through and evaluation of employee assignments, safety gear and verify label accuracy
- Develop, Coach and Mentor Production Line Members, Team Leads and Baler
- Quality Control: ensure all team members are building units to customer specifications and meet all RGL quality standards. Complete Quality Tracking Tasks and Documentation. Provide constant feedback throughout the day. Execute and document time studies. Manage employee recognition program. Provide Improvement Needed communication. Determine and execute employment status’.
- Safety: ensure safety glasses are worn, work areas are kept clean and free of trip hazards (ie stretch film is cut, picked up and placed in gaylords, strapping is cut and placed into garbage cans and all other safety expectations are adhered to)
- Inventory: complete weekly inventory counts. Do a physical inventory on raw materials at EOM. Work with team leads and line members to ensure they are packaging up cull throughout the shift. Stage cull. Prepare and count cull product for outbound shipments
- Payroll and Attendance: Complete daily time cards. Manage incentive program and expectations, pulling daily and/or weekly incentives based on their attendance, safety and quality expectations
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication between yourself and the line members, forklift operators, and management
- Plan and execute Production meetings to share information, provide group camaraderie, also creating an opportunity for members to make suggestions and voice concerns
- Ensure communication and details are shared with the General Manager and Ops Manager.
- Having positive employee relations and ensuring there are no conflicts between employees
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in an office and production/ warehouse environment where there may be exposure to noise, and other undesirable conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 65 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Typical shift is Monday – Friday 7a.m. – 4p.m.
But hours can vary based on business needs.
Minimal travel between facilities
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma and 1-3 years Leadership/Quality experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.